Recently Kitted Out
- SONGS FOR CHRISTMAS #15: The Fall ‘Blue Christmas’
- The Friday wind-down Lemon Jelly’s ‘Lost Horizons’ special
- Dortmund and Wolfsburg play out a cracking 2-2 draw
- Jack White’s old band The Upholsterers hid 100 copies of single in furniture, Third Man shares rare single
- Oneotrix Point Never shares two new free downloads including remix of A.G. Cook’s ‘Bubs’
- Listen to new Creature Kingdom EP ‘Teeth Lips and Tongue’
- SONGS FOR CHRISTMAS #14: Pulled Apart By Horses — ‘Merry Christmas Everybody’
- Dean Grenier collaborates on 12-inch for new Sister City Limited release
- BEST OF 2014: Justin Watson of the Front & Follow label picks his favourite music of 2014
- Jack White's old band The Upholsterers hid 100 copies of single in furniture, Third Man shares rare single
- 10 brilliant songs that reference tea and coffee
- Listen to new Creature Kingdom EP 'Teeth Lips and Tongue'
- The Friday wind-down Lemon Jelly's 'Lost Horizons' special
- Clark shares new video for 'Beacon'
- SONGS FOR CHRISTMAS #14: Pulled Apart By Horses -- 'Merry Christmas Everybody'
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Tag Archives: psych-rock
Experimental psyche-trippers Animal Collective have remixed psyche-hop crew Shabazz Palaces track ‘#CAKE, the original found on this year’s ‘Lese Majesty’ LP on Sub Pop. Listen to the resultant hotchpotch below.
As if King Tuff’s recent brilliant album ‘Black Moon Spell’ weren’t enough, along comes fresh newbie ‘Danger In the Dark’, about as good– if different– as anything on the aforementioned Sub Pop/Burgar-issued LP. This single is released to coincide with … Continue reading
Cape Town’s The Plastics are set to release new single ‘All I Really Want’, which resembles the new groove, glam-rock side to Arctic Monkeys. Hot Press even dubbed it “a less trippy Tame Impala”. A new album is also said … Continue reading
With Halloween approaching appropriate that one of the acts whose music gets us in the spooky-fest mood, Ty Segall, has shared a video for ‘Manipulator’ lp track ‘The Singer, that features his band as ghosts. Cheers, pal.
One of the things you should enjoy the most whilst listening to ‘Black Moon Spell’, the witchcraft -rockin’ new album of psyche-tinged glam-punk delights from King Tuff, is spotting the subtle– and sometimes less so– guitar riff rip-offs. You’ll swear … Continue reading
By Philip Neeson A record a year (not counting collaborations) since 2008 Ty Segall has given us riotous fuzz-rock (‘Ty Segall’), lofi psych-folk (‘Melted’), and full-on surf-hardcore riffage (‘Slaughterhouse’). Now sees him return with his supposedly most accessible set of … Continue reading
Wild and heavy– but no doubt ultimately lovable– psych-rockers Hookworms released their debut album ‘Pearl Mystic’ to generally head-nodding-in-approval reception last year. New cut ‘The Impasse’ is a freewheeling little brute indeed, and has been previewed to help set us … Continue reading
Psych-rock lovelies Purling Hiss to release new record on Drag City, listen to ‘Forcefield Of Solitude’
Philly psych-rock combo Purling Hiss are seemingly never far away from a recording studio, this confirmed with news of another new album ‘Weirdon’ due later this month, the follower to last year’s ‘Water On Mars’. The band also re-issued the … Continue reading